Intended Outcome: Through a combination of personal exploration, experiential activities, role playing and simulations participants will gain increased insight and practicable tools that will increase classroom effectiveness. This is done through a process of releasing old methodologies and blocks to achieving goals and replacing them with enhanced and proactive successful techniques.
- Super Learning techniques
- Enhanced listening skills designed to better facilitate authentic communication between adults and teenagers
- The differences between cooperation and competition
- Cooperative problem solving
- Experiential games and tools to use in the classroom
- Leadership Development (yours and your students’)
- Help manage stress & Conflict in the Classroom
- Increased awareness of strategies designed to increase student participation and performance
- Whole brain integration techniques
- Team building
- Creating synergy in the classroom
- New communication techniques
- Modeling “Out of the Box” behavior
- Site specific problem solving
“Thank you for allowing me to ‘play’ this weekend! Essence of Teaching was an amazing experience! Blessed Be!”S.R.
Meet the Founder & Faciliator: Burge
Burge Smith-Lyons is president and CEO of Essence of Being, Inc. For more than 36 years, she has been involved with the healing, learning and educational environment and has facilitated workshops for personal growth and corporate seminars since 1980 in the area of self-development, communication techniques, relationships, abundance, team building, and leadership development. She specializes in helping people identify their "Bubble Talk" — subconscious negative self-talk that blocks them from achieving what they want in life.
Her holistic mind-body-spirit approach includes experiential learning styles and Super Learning, accelerated learning techniques that activate both the left and right brain.
Burge is an international best-selling author, motivational speaker and trainer, DISC Certified Instructor, relationship and communications expert. She is chairperson and founder of The Healing Forest Foundation, Inc., a non-profit organization that focuses on experiential learning and the shifting of outdated belief systems for children and adults.
She has created the Essence Series of workshops, seminars, and programs and has taught thousands of graduates from around the world and hubs in Atlanta, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Asheville, Boston, Rhode Island, Toronto, Canada, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, for over 23 years. She is expanding into India and China.